Over-the-counter returning is the traditional method for returning your empty beverage containers for deposit refund. When you return your beverage containers over-the-counter at a Return-It depot location, you receive your refund in cash right away.
To return over-the-counter, follow these simple steps:
- Bring your refundable beverage containers to any Return-It Depot location - you can transport your containers in boxes, bags, or whatever method you prefer! Beverage containers that are part of the Return-It system include soft drinks, juice, water, wine, coolers, spirits, etc. More information can be found at Deposits, Recycling Fees, & Container Types.
- Use a provided cart to transport your containers to an available sorting station inside the depot
- Using provided trays, sort all of your containers by container type (i.e. one tray for aluminum cans, one tray for plastic bottles, etc)
- Bring your trays of sorted containers to the depot cashier to be counted
- Receive your deposit refunds in cash!
It's that easy!
Want to return without sorting, counting, or handling cash? Check out Return-It Express!