Latest Update: February 2023
Encorp Pacific (Canada) (“Encorp”) respects your privacy and is committed to protecting your personal information. The purpose of this privacy statement is to inform you about our privacy practices, including how we collect, use and disclose your personal information. This privacy statement relates to all of our activities, unless we have provided you with a separate privacy statement for a particular product, service or activity.
Please read this policy carefully. By submitting personal information to us on this website, via social media, mobile application or otherwise, you agree that we may collect, use and disclose such personal information, in accordance with this policy and as permitted or required by law.
Your continued use of our website following the posting of any amendment to this Policy shall constitute your acceptance of such amendment.
Meaning of Personal Information
“Personal information” means information about an identifiable individual. This information may include, but is not limited to, your name, e-mail address, mailing address and telephone number.
Personal information does not include any business contact information that is solely used to communicate with you in relation to your employment, business or profession, such as your name, position name or title, work address, work telephone number, or work e-mail address.
Personal information also does not include information that has been anonymized or aggregated in such a way that there is no serious possibility it can be used to identify an individual, whether on its own or in combination with other information.
Your Consent to Collection, Use and Disclosure
Typically, we will seek your consent at the time your personal information is collected. Where we want to use your personal information for a purpose not previously identified to you at the time of collection, we will seek your consent prior to our use of such information for this new purpose.
You may withdraw your consent to our collection, use or disclosure of your personal information at any time by contacting us using the contact information in the “Contact Us” section below. However, before we implement the withdrawal of consent, we may require proof of your identity. In some cases, withdrawal of your consent may mean that we will no longer be able to provide certain products or services.
Personal Information We Collect
The personal information we collect is generally in one or more of the following categories.
- Services. For individuals who use our services, we may collect information from you or from your use of our services.
- Information you submit to us: we collect information that you submit through your use of our services, including information you provide in connection with the creation and management of your account for our services, such as your name, e-mail address, home address, telephone number, a security question and a password. We also collect demographic information such as your age range, gender, the number of people in your household and your recycling frequency which may be used for marketing purposes. We automatically collect log data and usage information relating to your use of our services.
- Website. For individuals who visit our websites, the current versions of which are located at https://www.return-it.ca, or any of our related websites (collectively, “our website”), we may collect information from you or from your activities on the site.
- Like most websites and other Internet services, we may collect certain technical and device information about your use of our website. Such information may include your Internet protocol address, information about your device, Internet service provider, browser and operating system, referring and exit pages, and the date and time of your visit.
- Other Interactions. For individuals who otherwise interact with us, whether in person, by phone or email, or otherwise, including individuals who might be interested in using our services, who sign-up to receive newsletters or other communications, or who respond to surveys and questionnaires, we may collect information that you provide to us during these interactions. This information may include your name, e-mail address and other contact information.
How We Use Your Personal Information
We may use your personal information and other information for purposes such as:
- to provide you with our services;
- to contact you relating to our services;
- to monitor and improve our services;
- to develop new products and services;
- to analyze the needs and activities of our customers to help us better serve them;
- to conduct research and analysis related to our business and services;
- to respond to inquiries and other requests;
- to collect opinions and comments in regard to our services;
- to provide you with information that we think may interest you, including in regard to our services; and
- to investigate legal claims.
We may use your personal information and other information for purposes for which we have obtained your consent, and for such other purposes as may be permitted or required by applicable law.
We do not use the information we collect to provide advertising of third-party products and services or targeted advertising of Encorp products and services across third-party websites or service offerings.
How We Share Your Personal Information
We rely on third party services providers to perform a variety of services on our behalf, such as independent depot operators offering the Express program, transportation service providers, e-commerce providers, payment card processers, Interac processing providers, telephone and technical support providers, hosting, data storage and processing service providers, and research and analytics providers.
If we provide your information to service providers, then we require that the service providers maintain the confidentiality of your personal information and keep your personal information secure. We also require that they only use your personal information for the limited purposes for which it is provided. When our service providers no longer need your personal information for those limited purposes, we require that they dispose of the personal information. In some circumstances, we may permit our service providers to retain aggregated, anonymized or statistical information that does not identify you. We do not authorize the service providers to disclose your personal information to unauthorized parties or to use your personal information for their direct marketing purposes. If you would like more information about our service providers, please contact us using the contact information in the “Contact Us” section below.
Additionally, we may use and disclose your information when we believe such use or disclosure is permitted, necessary or appropriate: (a) under applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence; (b) to comply with legal process; (c) to respond to requests from public and government authorities, including public and government authorities outside your country of residence; (d) to enforce the terms of the agreements for our products and services; (e) to protect our operations or those of any of our affiliates or subsidiaries; (f) to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or those of our affiliates, you or others; and (g) to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain. In addition, we may transfer your personal information and other information to a third party in the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, brands, affiliates, subsidiaries or other assets.
If we otherwise intend to disclose your personal information to a third party, we will identify that third party and the purpose for the disclosure, and obtain your consent.
Opting Out of Communications
If you no longer wish to receive marketing-related emails from us, you may opt-out of receiving marketing-related emails by clicking the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of any email you receive from us. You may also opt-out by contacting us directly using the contact information in the “Contact Us” section below.
We will endeavour to respond to your opt-out request promptly, but we ask that you please allow us a reasonable time to process your request. Please note that if you opt-out from receiving marketing-related emails, we may still need to send you communications about your use of our services, or other matters.
Retention of Personal Information
We will use, disclose or retain your personal information only for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes for which that personal information was collected and as permitted or required by law.
We have implemented physical, organizational, contractual and technological security measures with a view to protecting your personal information and other information from loss or theft, unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification. We have taken steps to ensure that the only personnel who are granted access to your personal information are those with a business ‘need-to-know’ or whose duties reasonably require such information.
Despite the measure outlined above, no method of information transmission or information storage is 100% secure or error-free, so we unfortunately cannot guarantee absolute security. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure (for example, if you feel that the security of any information that you provided to us has been compromised), please contact us immediately using the contact information in the “Contact Us” section below.
Accessing and Updating Your Personal Information
We will take steps to ensure that your personal information is kept as accurate, complete and up-to-date as reasonably necessary. We will not routinely update your personal information, unless such a process is necessary. We expect you, from time to time, to supply us with updates to your personal information, when required.
You may make a written request to review any personal information about you that we have collected, used or disclosed, and we will provide you with any such personal information to the extent required by law. You may also challenge the accuracy or completeness of your personal information in our records. If you successfully demonstrate that your personal information in our records is inaccurate or incomplete, we will amend the personal information as required.
We may require that you provide sufficient identification to fulfill your request to access or correct your personal information. Any such identifying information will be used only for this purpose.
Third-Party Websites and Services
All comments, questions, concerns or complaints regarding your personal information or our privacy practices should be sent to our Privacy Officer as follows:
Attention: Privacy Officer
4259 Canada Way, Suite 100, Burnaby, BC, V5G 4Y2