Your Recent Visit & Understanding Your Return
Not sure what the next steps are after you’ve dropped off your Express bag(s) ? Want to understand your recent return? Here’s everything you need to know about the details of your recent return:
- Once you have dropped off your Express bag(s) at the depot, they will be counted, and your deposit refund will be credited to your Return-It Express account within 10 business days.
- Sometimes returns containing multiple bags may be credited to your account over the course of the 10 business days.
- If you are still waiting for bags after 10 business days, let our Customer Relations team know at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-855-350-2345.
- Once your account has been credited, you can sign in to review the details of your return including a breakdown of the container types included in your bag.
- We’ll include one notification in your account showing how many bags were credited and a breakdown of their contents and another notification showing the dollar amount that was credited to your account balance for these bags.
- All containers that are registered in the Return-It system are eligible for a 10-cent deposit refund.
Standard brown beer bottles and aluminum alcohol containers are not covered by the Return-It system and are the responsibility of and covered under the BC Brewers Recycled Container Collection Council (BRCCC). Only those Return-It depots that have a BRCCC license to manage this material are able to provide a full deposit refund. Depots who have not received a license from them will still accept these containers but you may receive a partial deposit refund to cover the depot’s costs for the handling of these containers. Please check with each individual depot location to understand what materials and products are accepted there.
- To redeem your account balance, you can do so by requesting an Interac e-transfer or by requesting a mailed cheque. The minimum amount you can request for an Interac e-transfer is $10 and the minimum amount you can request for a mailed cheque is $50. Interac e-transfers will be sent through your account email address and cheques will be mailed to your account mailing address.
- To learn more on how to request an Interac e-transfer or cheque, please visit our “Accessing and Navigating your Account” section!