6 Tips for using Return-It Express
Return-It Express is the fast and easy way to return your refundable beverage containers - no sorting or counting required! With an online Express account, customers simply bag their containers and drop them off at an Express depot. We count your empties and credit your refunds to your online account - it's that easy!
Many depots are centring the Return-It Express service at this time, which supports physical distancing by limiting interaction. As a result, we've seen an increase in new users excited to try out the Express system for the first time!
To make sure your next Express trip is extra fast, we've put together a list of our top 6 Express tips based on our customers' biggest questions and inquiries.
Here are 6 tips for your next Return-It Express trip:
1. Bring refundable beverage containers. The Express service accepts beverage containers that are a part of the Return-It system – other recyclables are not accepted. To find out what containers you can return click here.
2. Request bag labels online! As an additional safety measure during this time, we are now offering to send Express customers Express bag labels through the mail at no charge. Learn more
3. Use multiple bags for heavy returns. Heavy or overfilled bags can break open and are difficult to handle – this may cause the contents of your bag to break or go missing. If your bag has more than 12 glass bottles in it, it is likely too heavy. Please split overfilled bags into 2 separate bags.
4. Bag containers in clear bags. Transparent recycling bags or clear trash bags are available for purchase at almost any grocery store, drug store, or hardware store. We recommend using bags approximately 36 inches tall, 30 inches wide and around 72 litres in capacity.
5. Express & GO? Find your PIN online. If you’re visiting an Express & GO unstaffed station, you’ll need your unique PIN code to open the door. Find it in the “Profile” section of your dashboard when you sign in.
6. Give us extra time. As COVID-19 recommendations develop, Return-It continues to take steps to ensure precautionary measures are put in place to protect depot staff and the community. During this time, please allow up to 10 business days for your updated account balance to appear online after dropping off your Express bags.
For more tips, check out the Return-It Express FAQ page.