About the Return-It School Recycling Program
Find information on creating a school recycling program, compete to win cash prizes and track your school's progress.
- Who can register in the School Program?
All elementary, middle and and high schools in British Columbia are eligible to register and participate in Encorp's Return-It School Recycling Program.
- How does a school register for the Program?
Any registered, elementary, middle or high-school in BC can simply go to ReturnItSchool.ca and click "Register" it's fast and easy - but remember schools must re-register each year!
- What do participants receive when they register for the School Program?
Your school will receive the following items free of charge:
- Up to three recycling bins (if requested)
- Access to the Teacher's Dashboard, which includes useful tools and links
- Informational e-brochures; one with general beverage container recycling information and a second with tips on how to conduct a successful bottle drive
- Information about the authorized Return-It Depots nearest your school through the Return-It Locations web page
- Plus access to the Return-It School Story contest where you can win $5000 for your school!
- What about the delivery of the recycling bins?
Encorp will deliver the bins within 4 weeks of registering for the Program depending on the number of orders placed. Shipping will be delayed to accommodate winter and spring breaks.
- How do Program participants arrange for container collection/pick-up?
It is up to the schools to contact and develop relationships with the depots in their area. A list of depot locations and services is available on our Web site at return-it.ca/locations.
- How do I enter data for the School Program?
Once you have reached our Web site at return-it.ca:
- Click on "Recycling Programs", then
- Click on "Return-It School Recycling Program", then
- Click the "Login" button on the top menu and enter your username and password, which were supplied to you upon registering in the program
- Once logged in, navigate to the "Teacher's Dashboard" and click the "Report Containers" button
- Now, enter the data from your receipts into the appropriate boxes on the reporting form. Be sure to pick your depot from the drop down list. (This setting will be retained for next time, but it can be changed later.)
- Have you lost or forgotten your school username and password?
When you are at the web page that asks for your username and password (see above), click the link, "Forgot password?". A procedure will begin that will let you change your password. Simply follow the instructions provided at that time.
- Can we return alcohol containers?
Yes, you can collect and return alcohol containers. While we discourage the consumption of alcohol beverages by students, we certainly encourage the recycling of these empty containers.
- I need recycling bags. Can I get a bags from a depot?
You can ask your local depot for bags. Most will be happy to assist you with your recycling program.