Return-It Express at Grocery Stores
North Shore Pilot Program
Now you can bring your unsorted beverage containers in transparent bags to the Express drop off area located inside participating grocery stores - we’ll sort and count your containers (limited to 24 containers per person) - and credit your refund to your online account
How does it work?
- Sign up for a free Return-It Express account
- At the label stand, log in and print a label for your bag. You can print additional labels for future visits
- Place your unsorted containers in a transparent bag and tag your bag. Remember there is a 24 container limit per person at the grocery stores. For larger drop off’s please take them to a Return-It Express location.
- Drop off your bags at the beverage drop off area in the store
- We'll sort and count your containers and credit your Express account with your deposit refund
For deposit refund and recycling fees on each container type visit https://www.return-it.ca/beverage/products/
Choices Market - 801 Marine Dr. North Vancouver
Save On Foods - 879 Marine Dr #140. North Vancouver
Save On Foods - 333 Brooksbank Avenue. North Vancouver
Save On Foods - 1250 Marine Drive. North Vancouver
Stong's Market - 2150 Dollarton Hwy. North Vancouver
Thrifty Foods - #120 - 845 Marine Drive. North Vancouver
Loblaws City Market Park Royal - Unit 861- 845 Park Royal. West Vancouver
London Drugs - 875 Park Royal N. West Vancouver
- Whole Foods Market - 925 Main St, West Vancouver
Frequently Asked Questions
- Is there a limit on the number of beverage containers I can return to the grocery store?
Yes, there is a 24 beverage container limit per customer per day. For larger drop-offs visit any of our Return-It Express locations.
- How many bags can I drop off?
1 bag with a maximum of 24 beverage containers per customer. For larger drop-offs visit any of our Return-It Express locations.
- What type of bags can I use to return my containers?
The Express system requires customers to use clear or transparent bags for containers
- How do my containers get counted?
After leaving your tagged bags, your containers are counted. A detailed record of your counted containers and refunds will be available on your online account within a few days of dropping off your bags.
- How do I get paid?
Once your bagged containers have been counted, usually within 10 business days, you’ll be able to view a full record of your returned containers as well as the deposit refund on your online account. You can choose to save up multiple refunds and/or redeem your account balance at any time by Interac e-Transfer or a mailed cheque.
Still have questions about Express? Find answers here