Program Terms and Conditions
To register, first carefully read these Terms and Conditions. Then, click the "Accept" link below to proceed.
How the Program works
- The Program will run from September 4, 2012 to May 31, 2013 and will be based on volumes collected and reported during this time period.
- Reports must be completed through Encorp's online form at www.return-it.ca/elementaryprogram by the last day of each month. All participating schools must have access to the Internet.
- Your school ranking and summary of volumes can be viewed and tracked online at www.return-it.ca/elementaryprogress
- The school that has collected the most beverage containers per student attending will win the first prize. Second and third prize will be awarded accordingly.
- The number of students will be determined using the "School & District" database provided by the BC Ministry of Education.
- Calculation will be based on a ratio of:
|Number of beverage containers collected
Number of students in the school
If there is a discrepancy between the number of students in the "School & District" database and your school's actual enrollment, please send a letter or fax from your Principal on school letterhead to Encorp Pacific at (604) 473 2411
How to determine the number of beverage containers collected by your school
- Keep a count of the number of beverage containers returned for deposit refund. This will ensure that your school will be accurately paid the full deposit refund from your local depot.
- Encorp authorized Return-It Depots should provide you with a receipt or report on the number of containers collected. Schools will be asked to submit all original receipts to back-up submissions should the school be in a finalist position. Receipts from finalists are required to be at Encorp Pacific by June 6, 2013 5:00 PM (PT).
- Each month, fill in the online Container Collection Report based on your school count or receipts from the return of empty beverage containers to an authorized Return-It Depot.
- The online summary page will calculate the number of containers returned for deposit refund by the number of students attending your school.
- To be eligible to win, schools must be registered online by December 21, 2012 at 11:59 PM (PT) (see link below).
- Participants must be a recognized elementary school within the province of British Columbia.
- Participants must have completed an online Container Collection Report for each applicable month (September to May).
- Container Collection Reports for the month of May are due May 31, 2013 at 5:00pm (PDT).
- Winners will be posted to our website on or before June 14, 2013 after careful verification.
- Contestants will provide accurate, complete reporting of beverage containers collected.
- Contestants must collect deposit-bearing beverage containers, return them to collect the deposit refund, register the quantities collected and returned on the online form provided. Encorp Pacific (Canada) will then recycle them into new usable products.
- All contestants agree to abide by these Program Terms & Conditions and the decisions of Encorp Pacific (Canada) management and its legal counsel which shall be considered final regarding any question with respect to the Program, including what constitutes an "eligible entry", "extenuating circumstances", etc.
- All winners release Encorp Pacific (Canada), the operators of Encorp Centres, their employees, contractors and agents from any and all liability with respect to any publicity which Encorp Pacific (Canada) may conduct in respect to the awarding of any prize.
- This Program is subject to all applicable provincial and local laws and regulations
- Encorp Pacific (Canada) management reserves the right to cancel or terminate this Program at any time without notice, or to amend these Program Terms & Conditions and the administration or procedure of this Program in any commercially reasonable manner.
- A cut-off for submission of Container Collection Reports will be made at the close of business on Friday, May 31, 2013 at 5:00pm (PDT).
- The final calculation will take place in Burnaby, British Columbia, from June 6 - 13, 2013.
- Schools in the Top 5 of their enrollment category should have all container submission back-up information (all receipts) as well as pictures and write-ups of fundraising activities delivered to Encorp Pacific on or before June 6, 2013.
- Encorp Pacific (Canada) may contact the specified depot operator to verify volumes collected and reported.
- The top three schools in each enrollment category will receive a cash prize donation to the school program of their choice (e.g. school team, field trips, charity organization, computer equipment, etc.). Winners must inform Encorp Pacific (Canada) in writing of the selected school program prior to receiving the cash prize:
|1st Prize . . .
|2nd Prize . . .
|3rd Prize . . .
- A complete set of 1st, 2nd and 3rd place prizes will be awarded in each of these four enrollment categories:
The total value of cash prizes available is $9,000.
- 1 - 150 students
- 151 - 300 students
- 301 - 450 students
- 451+ students
- If the potential winning school selected cannot be located within three (3) days or does not meet all Program Terms & Conditions, the winning school will be disqualified from the Program and the next potential winning school will be declared the winner, until all the prizes are awarded.
- Encorp Pacific (Canada), or its agents, will attempt to contact the potential winning school using addresses recorded on the online registration forms and the most recent applicable telephone directory.
- Once contacted by Encorp Pacific (Canada) or its agents, an authorized representative of each potential winning school must, in order to be declared a winner:
- Demonstrate compliance with all Program Terms & Conditions to the satisfaction of Encorp Pacific (Canada) or its agents;
- Sign an Encorp Pacific (Canada) justification and release form, including confirming compliance with Program Terms & Conditions, and correctly answer a mathematical skill-testing question without mechanical or other assistance;
- Provide Encorp Pacific with:
- Photo of the participants
- Description of the collection events, and how the monies collected were utilized.
The collection of receipts only does not comply with the Terms & Conditions of this program. If it is determined that a participating school has collected receipts for containers and did not also receive the deposits refunded for those receipts, that school will be disqualified from the contest.